Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions
As Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions, Dean Trevor Young leads the university’s outreach, coordination and relationship-building within Toronto’s vibrant hub of biomedical research, drug development, health education, health policy and clinical care.
That hub centres on the Toronto Academic Health Sciences Network (TAHSN) – nine teaching hospitals fully affiliated with U of T and four associate member institutions – and extends to another 20 community-affiliated hospitals and healthcare sites in the Greater Toronto Area and beyond.
As Vice-Provost, Dean Young represents the University on the Council of Ontario Faculties of Medicine. He reports to the President of the University on inter-institutional matters and to the Provost on academic matters affecting the health science divisions in their relations with hospitals and other healthcare sites.
The Council of Health Sciences – consisting of the Deans and other representatives of the seven health science Faculties at U of T – provides Dean Young with the context needed to represent the interests of the health science Faculties to hospitals and other healthcare sites.
Office of the Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions
Medical Sciences Building, Room 2115
1 King's College Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 1A8
|Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions||Trevor Young||416-946-7810|
|Executive Assistant to the Dean||Amy Lee||416-946-7810|
|Legal Counsel||Sara Gottlieb||416-978-3066|
|Legal Coordinator||Heather Skelton||416-978-7680|
|Contracts Coordinator||Geeta Sehgal|
Relations with Health Care Institutions
- Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario (CAHO)
- Association of Canadian Academic Healthcare Organizations
- The Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) is comprised of the University of Toronto and its affiliated academic hospitals. TAHSN’s members participate in health and biomedical research and teach undergraduate and postgraduate medical and healthcare professional students.
TAHSN Member Affiliation
- Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- Sinai Health System (Includes Mount Sinai Hospital and Bridgepoint Active Healthcare)
- St. Michael's Hospital Site of Unity Health (*)
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- University Health Network (Includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute)
- Women's College Hospital
TAHSN Associate Member Affiliation
- Michael Garron Hospital
- North York General Hospital
- St. Joseph's Health Centre Site of Unity Health (*)
- Trillium Health Partners (includes Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, Queensway Health Centre)
- Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (**)
- Humber River Hospital (**)
Community Hospital Affiliation
- Lakeridge Health
- Markham-Stouffville Hospital
- Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Providence Healthcare Site of Unity Health(*)
- Southlake Regional Health Centre
- The Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care
- West Park Healthcare Centre
- William Osler Health System
Non-Hospital Clinical Site Affiliation
- Canadian Blood Services
- Ontario Forensic Pathology Services
- Surrey Place Centre
- The George Hull Centre for Children and Families
- The SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health (formerly Hincks-Dellcrest Centre)
- The Kensington Eye Institute
- The Kensington Health Centre
- Youthdale Treatment Centres
- City of Toronto / Toronto Public Health
- Public Health Ontario (formerly Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion)
- Ontario Centre of Forensic Sciences / Office of the Chief Coroner of Ontario / UTM
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Physician Assistant Program (Michener / Northern Ontario School of Medicine)
- Rural Ontario Medicine Program
- Institute for Circumpolar Health Research
- Institute for Work and Health
- Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
(*) These hospitals merged in 2017 to form Unity Health; the University’s affiliations continue on a site-specific basis.
(**) These hospitals have been invited to join TAHSN; their formal membership as TAHSN Associates is pending.
(***) Formerly Hincks-Dellcrest Treatment Centre, this site integrated with the Hospital for Sick Children in 2017; the University’s affiliations continue on a site-specific basis.