How to apply to the SMP
Before completing your application
Please remember, that in order to be eligible for the program, you must be 16 years of age by June 30, 2023.
To begin the application, you must first obtain a copy of your transcript from your guidance office, which is to be uploaded in either a PDF or JPEG format in the application form.
Please note that your Provincial Report Card will not be accepted as a substitute for your transcript.
Applicants must also have completed Grade 10 Science in the academic stream or have completed any Grade 11 science course either in the university (U) stream, university/college (M) stream, or the college (C) stream. Upon the successful completion of the SMP, students are eligible for a high school credit in Science, Grade 12, University / College Preparation (SNC 4M1).
Learn more about the SMP by reading our 2023 program brochure here
Information requested in the application form
The online application requests the following information to be filled out:
- General information
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Your contact information
- The contact information of your guidance counsellor/teacher
- The contact information of your parent/guardian
- Emergency contact information
- Written response
- You will also be asked to provide a statement of interest that explains “What makes you a good candidate for the Summer Mentorship Program”.
- Please ensure to write and save your responses on a separate word-based application before copy-pasting your response in the SMP application form, as to prevent disruptions to the application process.
Summer Mentorship Program Application
There are two deadlines for the Summer Mentorship Program. Space is limited, so we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
January 13, 2023
First application deadline
February 11-12, 2023
First round interviews
March 24, 2023
Final application deadline
April 15, 16, and 22, 2023
Second round interviews
July 4-28, 2023
2023 Summer Mentorship Program dates”