Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Nobel Prize for the Discovery of Insulin to Banting and Macleod: Impact and Legacy
The Toronto Medical Historical Club is pleased to present a free symposium on November 27, 2023, reflecting on a century of medical discovery to inspire future research advancement. Five great speakers:
- The Optimal Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
Presented by: Professor Erling Norrby, Stockholm
- Events, Fanfare, and Fallout Following the Nobel Prize Awarded to Banting and Macleod.
Presented by: Professor James Wright, Calgary
- The Discovery of Insulin, the Nobel Prize and How it Stimulated Research for Over 100 Years.
Presented by: Professor Ronald Kahn, Boston
- Beyond Diabetes: GLP-1 is Changing Outcomes for People with Cardiometabolic Diseases.
Presented by: Professor Daniel Drucker, Toronto
- Insulin and Beyond: Addressing the Challenges of Diabetes in the 21st Century.
Presented by Professor Lorraine Lipscombe, Toronto
In person at Campbell Conference facility with limited seating. Zoom participation available.
Registration is free of charge but required for all participants. Registration and symposium schedule available online at http://www.torontomedicalhistoricalclub.ca/